Boy, 16, rushed to health center and ‘nearly died’ after breathing in guffawing gasoline at Parklife

A mum claims her teenage son ‘nearly died’ after breathing in guffawing gasoline at Parklife pageant. Alex Littler, 16, was once rushed to health center closing weekend with a burst lung after complaining of breathlessness.

The teen instructed medical doctors his chest felt like ‘popping bubble wrap’ when touched and confessed to them and his devastated mum that he’d inhaled nitrous oxide while on the pageant in Heaton Park.

He was once recognized with a ruptured and leaking lung and instructed he was once fortunate to be alive. However medics warned he would possibly want surgical treatment to take away air that was once trapped round his lungs and center.

READ MORE: The neighbourhood the place citizens reside in concern of 2 ‘vicious’ canines

His mum, Cathy Mccann, 44, has describe the ordeal as “terrifying” and mentioned that Alex has vowed by no means to inhale balloons once more, admitting he did not know the possible risks.

Cathy, from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, mentioned: “He is mentioned it is the worst factor he may have executed. He did not realise himself what the hazards have been and he did it as a result of all his pals have been doing it.”



Alex Littler mentioned his chest felt like ‘popping bubble wrap’

The sweetness therapist got here house from paintings closing Monday (13 June) night time to seek out her son in mattress. When she requested Alex what was once unsuitable he instructed her his chest felt “tight” and that he felt breathless.

“Once I pressed on his chest it was once like bubble wrap, he was once in ache and his neck was once swollen. You simplest needed to press it a tiny bit and it was once crackling and crunching,” she mentioned.

“I panicked and dialled 111. They mentioned to take him directly to health center. The physician listened to his chest and felt the popping. I am panicking, they are asking questions, about whether or not he is had accidents, been squashed in a crowd, been weightlifting or executed the rest that may have led to the wear.

“He mentioned no to all of the ones so that they instructed him to be fair and requested what he’d taken as a result of we mentioned he’d been to Parklife. He simply got here out with it and mentioned he had balloons there and I burst into tears. I could not imagine it, he mentioned he hadn’t had the rest.



Alex together with his mum Cathy

“It upsets me eager about it, it is terrible. It will had been deadly. It will have killed him. His lung has were given a hollow in it. The gases can impact for your spinal chord, cross in your mind and deaden your mind. I used to be beside myself as a result of I did not know the whole information about those gases. He was once petrified.”

Alex claims he is attempted the drug sooner than however has promised his mum that he and his buddies would not contact it once more. Medical doctors discovered his lung have been leaking and began to fix itself leaving air trapped round his lungs and center.

Fortunately, an oxygen masks that was once left on in a single day controlled to take away the trapped air with out Alex having to go through an operation.

“His buddies are devastated, they have been at the telephone continuously, placing posts on snapchats announcing they do not need to see any person doing balloons,” Cathy added.



An X-Ray of Alex’s lung which ruptured after breathing in guffawing gasoline

“I do not believe part of them knew the depths of what they are able to do. He is been instructed through medical doctors, if he does it once more, he will be again in health center as a result of he has a susceptible spot on his lungs now.

“It is a threat as a result of if it hadn’t repaired itself it is going to make a larger hollow and it will had been deadly. He would have ended up lifeless or paralysed or mind lifeless.

“The physician mentioned he was once so fortunate. He would possibly not be doing it once more. They mentioned as a substitute of surgical treatment, they might take a look at an oxygen masks to liberate the air thru that. All that popping had long past through the morning. It was once this type of aid. He is feeling quite a bit higher.

“He isn’t in hassle as a result of it is been that a lot of a tribulation, he is learnt a large huge lesson so I did not want to say the rest to him.”

Cathy and Alex are sharing their tale to warn in opposition to the hazards of the birthday party drug. She mentioned: “You’ll purchase it over-the-counter. I do not believe oldsters know the idea that and what they’re as a result of some other folks assume they’re simply birthday party balloons.



Alex Littler with buddies at Parklife Competition

“No person is aware of the intensity and penalties. 16-year-olds are loss of life, other folks have messaged me announcing their son died. I need to put it in the market, the hazards of it for fogeys as neatly no longer simply the children. They do not know what is taking place, it is taking place below everybody’s noses.”

On fifteenth June, Higher Manchester Police Bury South shared photographs of business containers stuffed with pounds of nitrous oxide cannisters that have been seized through officials round Parklife pageant.

Police wrote: “One in all our public guarantees is to forestall and cut back crime. So, as a part of our neighborhood operation for Bury South, Parklife pageant officials seized a number of pounds of nitrous oxide.”

The sale of nitrous oxide for its psychoactive results was once made unlawful after the Psychoactive Elements Act in 2016, however it’s not lately against the law to be stuck in ownership of the drug.

Parklife have been contacted for remark.

Signal as much as the MEN e-mail newsletters to get the most recent on game, information, what is on and extra through following this hyperlink

Learn subsequent:

Leave a Comment