Taking screenshots is only one a part of the job. You will have to edit it if you wish to crop an space, add textual content or draw on the image. So how does one edit a screenshot on the telephone? Properly, each Android and iPhone provide native strategies to edit screenshots. You need to use these, use the gallery apps or set up third-party apps to edit screenshots. Let’s test all of the completely different strategies to edit screenshots on Android and iPhone.
Utilizing the Native Screenshot Editor on Android
Inventory Android telephones provide a local screenshot editor that you should utilize to crop a screenshot, add textual content to it, and carry out different screenshot-editing duties.
- Press and maintain the Energy and Quantity Down buttons collectively to seize a screenshot in your Android telephone.
- Faucet on the screenshot preview within the bottom-left nook or hit the “Edit” button to open the screenshot editor.
- Use the next instruments as required:
- Crop: use it to crop the image and take away pointless ends.
- Textual content: add textual content to your screenshot with this device.
- Pen: use this device to annotate your screenshot.
- Highlighter: spotlight essential textual content or objects utilizing this device.
- Eraser: take away any annotations or highlights out of your screenshot.
- Undo and Redo: use these instruments on the prime to repair any errors that you simply commit whereas enhancing screenshots.
- Faucet the “Save” button if you wish to save the edited screenshot in your telephone, or hit the “Share” icon to ship it through completely different apps.
Utilizing Google Photographs on Android
In case you don’t see the preview window after taking a screenshot, don’t fear. You need to use the Google Photographs app to edit the screenshot. It comes preinstalled on nearly all Android telephones – seek for the app in your app drawer.
- Take a screenshot in your Android telephone.
- Open the Google Photographs app.
- Faucet on the “Library” tab on the backside and open the “Screenshots” folder.
- Faucet on the screenshot that you simply wish to edit and press the “Edit” button on the backside.
- Swipe left on the record of instruments in Google Photographs editor to see all of them. Use these instruments to crop the picture, resize, or rotate it. You possibly can even blur the picture or alter lighting and add filters to the image, plus you possibly can annotate the screenshot utilizing the Markup device.
- When achieved enhancing, faucet on the “Save copy” button.
- The saved picture will present up within the Screenshots folder of the Google Photographs app.
Utilizing the Native Editor on Samsung Galaxy Telephones
- Seize a screenshot in your Samsung Galaxy telephone by urgent the Energy and Quantity Down buttons concurrently.
- Faucet on the “Edit” icon within the screenshot toolbar that seems on the backside of the display.
Observe: If the screenshot toolbar doesn’t present up after taking a screenshot, go to “Settings -> Superior options -> Screenshots and display recorder,” then allow the toggle subsequent to “Present toolbar after capturing.”
- The screenshot editor will open. Faucet on the “Pencil” icon to view and swap between completely different pen types and colours.
To crop the screenshot, drag its edges inward to surround the realm that you simply wish to hold. Use the Undo, Redo, or Eraser icons to undo any mistake.
- Faucet on the “Save” icon to obtain the picture or press the “Share” icon to share the screenshot.
Utilizing the Gallery App on Samsung Galaxy Telephones
For those who don’t just like the enhancing choices provided by the native screenshot editor on Samsung Galaxy telephones, use the Samsung Gallery app to edit your screenshots.
- Seize a screenshot in your Samsung Galaxy telephone.
- Launch the Samsung Gallery app and open the screenshot you wish to edit.
- Faucet on the “Edit” icon on the backside to open the photograph editor.
- Use the instruments offered to crop, flip, rotate, or annotate the screenshot. You can even play with filters, change lighting circumstances, and add textual content or stickers to the picture.
- Faucet on the three-dot icon on the backside to view extra enhancing instruments like Object eraser, which helps you to erase undesirable photos. Lastly, faucet on “Save as copy” on this part to obtain the edited picture as a brand new picture.
- If, nonetheless, you wish to substitute the unique picture with the edited picture, faucet on the “Save” button on the prime of the picture.
Tip: You can even use the Google Photographs app as proven above on Samsung Galaxy telephones to edit screenshots.
Utilizing a Third-Get together App on Android
If you wish to sew screenshots, add blur results to them, make collages, and many others., you need to attempt the ScreenMaster app for some superior options.
- Set up ScreenMaster in your Android telephone.
- Open the app and faucet on the “Edit” tab on the backside. Then, faucet on “Markup Photograph” to edit the photograph or go to “Sew Photograph” to affix two screenshots.
- Choose the screenshot to edit.
- The editor will present up. Use the instruments like crop, mosaic, textual content, and stickers to edit your display.
- When achieved, faucet on the “Save” button.
iPhones additionally provide a local markup device to edit screenshots. Listed below are the steps to make use of it.
- Seize a screenshot in your iPhone – when you personal an iPhone with a Dwelling button, press and maintain the Dwelling and Energy buttons collectively. Press and maintain the Energy and Quantity Up buttons concurrently to take a screenshot on an iPhone with out the Dwelling button.
- Search for the preview window that seems within the bottom-left nook. Faucet on the picture within the preview to open the editor.
- Use the instruments within the backside bar to crop the picture, draw on it, or spotlight elements of it.
- To entry extra instruments, faucet on the Pencil icon on the prime and hit the “+” icon on the backside. Use this new set of instruments so as to add textual content, description, shapes, or perhaps a signature to the screenshot. You can even amplify part of your screenshot to deal with it.
- After you will have completed enhancing the picture, faucet on “Completed” on the prime left and choose “Save to Photographs.”
- You possibly can even straight share the screenshot with your pals by urgent the “Share” icon on the prime proper and choosing the popular app.
Utilizing Apple Photographs on iPhone
If you wish to add a filter or change the lighting of your screenshot, use the Apple Photographs app editor to edit screenshots in your iPhone.
- Launch the Apple Photographs app and open the screenshot that you simply wish to edit.
- Faucet on the “Edit” choice on the prime.
- The editor will open. Use the crop and filter instruments on the backside. Or, faucet on the Pencil icon on the prime to open the Markup editor the place you possibly can draw or add textual content, shapes, and many others., to the screenshot.
5. When achieved, faucet on the “Completed” button to avoid wasting the edited picture.
For those who aren’t glad along with your edits, open the picture editor once more and faucet on “Revert” within the bottom-right nook to revive the unique picture and begin enhancing from scratch.
Utilizing a Third-Get together App on iPhone
We’ve chosen Picsart for this tutorial, however you’re free to decide on a distinct third-party app.
- Obtain and open Picsart in your iPhone.
- Faucet on the “+” icon on the backside of the app and choose the screenshot to edit.
- The Picsart editor display will present up. Use the instruments within the backside toolbar to edit the screenshot. You possibly can add results and textual content, put a photograph on prime of your screenshot, resize it to a sq. measurement, add a border, draw on it, and do rather more with the screenshot.
- Faucet on “Subsequent” on the prime and hit the “Save” button.
- Choose “Save” once more from the brand new set of choices to obtain the edited screenshot to your photograph gallery.
Now shifting on from photograph enhancing to video enhancing, let’s discover tips on how to crop or trim a video on Android and iPhone.
Is this text helpful?
Subscribe to our publication!
Our newest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox